E-2 Visa Immigration Law

E-2 Visa Legal Issues

E-2 Visa Law

An E-2 visa is also called an "Investor Visa" and it allows foreign individuals to enter the United States if they have significantly invested in a US company and need to conduct business with that company. An E-2 visa is typically granted if the individual has a commerce treaty or bilateral investment with the US. In addition, the individual's investment in the US must result in increased benefits to the US (more employment, trade, economic gain, etc.)

With an E-2 visa, an individual may come to the United States to live and work, typically running the company that he or she has invested in. An individual can qualify for an E-2 visa either by starting a new business or buying an existing business. This type of visa also allows the investor's family to live in the United States with him or her.

What an Immigration Lawyer can do for you:

To attain an E-2 visa, you must be able to prove that the business you are investing in meets the requirements for an investor visa, that you have made a significant investment in that business and need to be in the US for it, and that your investment contributes to United Stated employment. Typically, the foreign national must prove that he or she owns at least 50% of the US business, and that he or she is committed to successful operation. An E-2 investor must also show plans to leave the US and not remain here permanently.

Since there is much documentation to collect, an attorney with E-2 visa experience can help easily navigate this process for an applicant. If an application is prepared incorrectly, the investor may be denied the E-2 visa. For this reason, it is extremely beneficial to seek professional council.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you need assistance with an E-2 Investor Visa application, contact Attorney Search Network for an immigration lawyer referral. Attorney Search Network has qualified immigration lawyers who are ready to help you with your E-2 visa application.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.