Marital Separation Agreements

Marital Separation Agreements

What are Marital Separation Agreements?

A marital separation agreement, also known as a property settlement agreement, is a legal contract that outlines a couple's division of assets and property, child custody, child support and alimony arrangements, and the rights that each spouse has after separating. A marital separation agreement may be created before a divorce or during the divorce process. It is used as a clear and concise way to take care of all the details of a divorce before a couple ends their relationship.

Having a marital separation agreement created before legally separating can ensure that neither spouse goes through unnecessary disputes or problems regarding their children, finances, taxes, debts, support, nor other pertinent issues that are common in divorces.

Martial Separation Agreement Lawyers

Drafting a marital separation agreement may be difficult, as it is a legal contract between you and your spouse. Agreeing upon the terms in a marital separation agreement with your spouse may also be challenging. Having a family law attorney help you may be a wise decision. An attorney will work with you and your spouse to come to an agreement on all major points involved in separating or divorcing, and then will draft the marital separation agreement for you. If you wish to file the agreement with the court, a lawyer can also help you take the necessary steps to do so, so that the agreement is merged with your final judicial divorce decree.

Similarly, if your spouse breaks your marital separation agreement or disputes it, an attorney can help defend you and protect your rights. An attorney can be of extreme help in resolving issues and making sure the terms outlined in your marital separation agreement are followed.

Lawyer Referral Service

If you are getting a divorce or considering separating from your spouse, talk to an attorney about drafting a marital separation agreement. Contact Attorney Search Network today and we will refer you to a pre-qualified family law lawyer in your area that has experience in marital separation agreements.

Contact us today to get in contact with a family law lawyer who can help you with your Marital Separation Agreements legal needs. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for a family lawyer referral in your area. Attorney Search Network can provide you with a free Lawyer Referral to a Marital Separation Agreements lawyer in your area.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out out online form for your family law lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.