Juvenile Parental Rights Law

Juvenile Parental Rights Legal Issues:

Juvenile Parental Rights Law

Parental rights cases come up when a child has been taken into custody of social services and his/her parents have failed to attempt to regain custody. Children end up in the care of social services as a result of being abused or neglected, being a delinquent, or just because they parent or caretaker has asked to be relieved of custody. When no parent or close family friend expresses an interest to social services to care for the child permanently, social services can ask the court to terminate the parental rights of the child so that the child may be adopted.

Legal Consequences of Parental Rights:

A request for termination of parental rights may surface in various circumstances. Expectant mothers who wish to place their infant for adoption, parents involved in a child abuse or neglect case, or parents involved in a child support case can all voluntarily request a termination of their parental rights. Termination is a legal action that should only be taken for the welfare of the child. It is advised to give up parental rights because of inevitable neglect or when both parents are unable to raise the child. This ends all obligations a parent has towards their child, such as child support, inheritance of rights of the child and visitation rights.

What a Lawyer can do for you:

Obtaining a termination of parental rights can be a difficult process. Parental rights lawyers have experience in dealing with parental rights issues such as:

  • Abandonment or disinterest
  • Abuse and neglect
  • Mental illness
  • Loss of rights to another child
  • Failure to provide adequate support for the child
  • Felony assault or murder of sibling

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you are facing voluntary or involuntary termination of parental rights, contact Attorney Search Network today. Attorney Search Network can refer you to a parental rights lawyer who can assist you through this difficult process.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Juvenile lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.