Writ of Mandate Immigration Law

Writ of Mandate Legal Issues

Writ of Mandate Law

In some cases, the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) fails to move forward with or delays an immigration case. When a green card application, citizenship application or other type of immigration application is delayed, a writ of mandate, also known as writ of mandamus, can be filed with the Federal Court. A writ of mandate is a formal written civil action that is issued to the USCIS when an applicant's case has been delayed for one year or more, with or without explanation, to compel the USCIS to take action on the application.

Writ of Mandate Legal Issues:

Seeking a writ of mandate may be necessary in order to protect your rights, but while a writ of mandate authorizes the court to order a remedy, it is only a means of determining the reasons why the decisions are pending. It does not determine the outcome of the decision. By forcing the USCIS to make a decision, an applicant might be faced with denial. This may be appealed in a timely manner, with the help of an immigration lawyer.

What a Lawyer can do for you:

If you are trying to force an action on your immigration matter, an immigration lawyer can help. Immigration lawyers have extensive experience handling immigration litigation matters and can assist you with filing a writ of mandate so that your immigration issues are resolved effectively. Immigration lawyers can file a writ of mandate to force action on your application, and if necessary, appeal denied applications.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you need assistance with immigration law, such as citizenships, deportation, visas or filing a writ of mandate, an immigration lawyer can help. Attorney Search Network can help you find an immigration lawyer in your area.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.