Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Visa Immigration Law

Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Visa Legal Issues

Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Visa(IR1 or CR1)

An IR1 visa or CR1 visa is an immigration visa (also called a marriage visa) that allows the legal husband or wife of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident to also become a U.S. citizen and to receive the rights and privileges associated with citizenship. In a Spouse of U.S. Citizen visa (IR1 or CR1) , a spouse may be any legally wedded partner, whether in a same-sex marriage or opposite-sex marriage. Certain common-law marriages also may qualify for a Spouse of U.S. Citizen visa, depending on the country in which the marriage took place.

There are two types of Spouse of U.S. Citizen visas called an IR1 visa and a CR1 visa. An IR1 visa is for spouses that have been married for more than two years, and a CRI visa is for spouses that have been married for less than two years. The IRI visa (Immediate Relative) allows the foreign spouse to move to the U.S. as an unconditional permanent resident and begin working immediately. A CR1 visa (Conditional Resident), however, grants the foreign spouse conditional resident status, meaning that the spouse is not a permanent citizen until the couple applies to remove the conditional status before the two-year visa ends. This is done to ensure that the marriage is legitimate and to ensure that the foreign spouse is not trying to evade immigration laws.

Legal Considerations of Spouse of U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) Visas:

The process of filing for immigration status through a Spouse of U.S. Citizen visa can be lengthy and challenging. Many people get married solely to try to get U.S. citizenship status so that they can manipulate the immigration system. For this reason, there are many documents, interviews, evidence, and other requirements that are needed in order to successfully obtain an IRI visa or a CRI visa. In addition to the forms and petitions, the applicants also must pay certain fees, have medical exams, vaccinations, and must prove to have good morals and a clean background.

If any fraudulent documents are submitted, or the applicant or his/her spouse submits any fraudulent information, willfully omits or misrepresents any information, or is found to be lying, the foreign spouse can be permanently denied citizenship and/or entry into the United States.

What an Immigration Lawyer can do for you:

The process to obtain a Spouse of U.S. Citizen visa (IR1 visa or CR1 visa) can be challenging, tedious, and lengthy. Any discrepancies, mistakes, or incorrect information found in any part of the application process can significantly increase the length of time it takes to obtain one's visa. Attorneys know the ins and outs of immigration law and they can best advise you and your spouse on the most efficient way to obtain your IR1 visa or CR1 visa.

An attorney will help you file all paperwork and petitions correctly, gather all documentation and evidence proving your marriage is legitimate, and will represent you throughout your appointments, interviews, and any court proceedings. Using an experienced attorney in your Spouse of a U.S. Citizen visa application process can save you time, money and stress by ensuring the process goes as smoothly and quickly as possible, giving your spouse the best chance at obtaining a permanent U.S. citizenship.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you need help with a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen IR1 or CR1 visa, contact Attorney Search Network today. Attorney Search Network can refer you to a knowledgeable attorney with IR1 visa and CR1 visa experience.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.