Physician Visa Immigration Law

Physician Visa Legal Issues

Physician Visa (H-1B Visa)

Physicians needing to come to the United States may either apply for a J-1 visa (if they intend to participate in a medical education or training program) or an H-1B physician visa (if they intend to work in the U.S. as a practicing physician). H-1B physician visa are a part of the nonimmigrant Temporary Worker Visa category, which means that these visas allow for foreigners to come to the U.S. for work purposes only for a fixed amount of time. H-1B visas are specifically for foreigners that work in specialty occupations (like physicians) that intend to come to the U.S. to work in their field. They are required to already have a higher educational degree in the field of their occupation.

Legal Considerations of an H-1B Visa for Physicians:

Physicians that wish to work in the United States temporarily with an H-1B physician visa are subject to the same requirements and restrictions of other temporary worker visas. They must first have a petition filed on their behalf from the U.S. company that wishes to employ them. Family members (such as a spouse or children) may travel to the U.S. with their family member physician if they also apply for and obtain an H-1B physician visa.

What an Immigration Lawyer can do for you:

If you are a physician that wishes to work in your specialty occupation in the United States, an immigration attorney can assist you in obtaining an H-1B physician visa. Attorneys understand how important and advantageous it may be for a foreign physician to either gain experience working in the United States or to offer their individual skills and experience to a U.S. medical facility and U.S. patients. An immigration attorney will help you through every step of applying for an H-1B physician visa, for both you and your family if needed, to ensure the process goes smoothly and you can begin work in the U.S. as soon as possible.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you are trying to obtain a H-1B physician visa so that you may temporarily work in the Unites States, Attorney Search Network can help. We can help you find an immigration lawyer that handles H-1B physician visa cases.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.