Citizenship Immigration Law

Citizenship Legal Issues

Citizenship Law

Citizenship is an association and membership of a country and the rights and privileges that come along with that association. An individual can have U.S citizenship in two ways - through birth and by a process known as naturalization. Many permanent residents formalize their ties to the U.S by applying for citizenship in order to receive the benefits of being a citizen. Applicants have to pass two tests in order to attain citizenship.

Immigration Citizenship Legal Issues:

During the citizenship process, the government needs to know that applicants:

  • Have been continuously and physically residing in the U.S
  • Can read, write and speak English
  • Have an understanding of the U.S government system, history and the principles outlined in the U.S constitution
  • Have good morals and are proud to live in the U.S

The citizenship process can be a very lengthy process. U.S citizenship applications can get complicated. Sometimes, citizenship applicants are wrongfully denied naturalization, causing an applicant to appeal or reapply, delaying the naturalization process.

What a Lawyer can do for you:

A citizenship lawyer can represent and guide you during your naturalization process. An Immigration Lawyer can help you get all the necessary documents prepared to show that you have had a physical presence in the U.S. A citizenship lawyer can also prepare you for the English language and U.S history tests. A lawyer can be a good resource to have in case your application has been denied.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you need an immigration lawyer to help you handle your citizenship needs, call Attorney Search Network today. Attorney Search Network can refer you to a citizenship lawyer in your area.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.