A Visa Immigration Law

Work A Legal Issues

Diplomat and Foreign Official A Visa Law

The A visa category is for diplomats and other foreign officials that must travel to the United States for official government business purposes. So long as the business is solely on behalf of the individual's national government, he or she can apply for an A-1 or an A-2 visa. The difference between an A-1 visa and an A-2 visa for diplomats and foreign government officials has to do with the position of the individual within his or her nation's government and the purpose of travel. Heads of State or Government may qualify for an A visa regardless of their purpose of travel. Spouses and children of diplomats or foreign government officials may also qualify for an A-1 or A-2 visa. Those that work for a diplomat or foreign government official may qualify for an A-3 visa.

Legal Issues for Diplomat or Foreign Government Officials (A Visas):

There are many steps required to apply for an A visa. In addition to submitting general documentation and evidence required for nonimmigrant visas, diplomats and foreign government officials must also supply an official diplomatic note from his or her country's government. The same process applies for any spouses or children of an A visa holder. For personal employees of diplomats and foreign government officials that wish to obtain an A-3 visa, they must also submit proof of work and wages, and attend an in-person interview. The documentation required is extremely detailed and can lead to a lengthy process. It is important to understand all qualifying factors, requirements, and restrictions involved with each A visa category so that the applying diplomat, foreign government official, and/or his or her family or personal employees can legally enter the United States without problems.

What an Immigration Lawyer can do for you:

Because each A visa category is specific to certain government positions and purposes of travel, it is wise to speak with an immigration attorney to ensure you are applying for the correct A visa. There are many qualifying factors that are specific to A-1, A-2, and A-3 visas, as well as many factors that would make a diplomat or foreign government official ineligible for any A visa. Immigration attorneys are very knowledgeable about this visa category and they can best assist you through the A visa process. If you are a diplomat or foreign government official, or an employee of one, your official business duties in the United States are most likely very important and your government may rely on you to successfully obtain an A visa to enter the U.S. Experienced immigration attorneys will ensure this happens as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you are a diplomat or foreign government official and you need assistance with an A visa, contact Attorney Search Network. We can help you find an immigration lawyer that can help you apply for and obtain your A visa.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.