Parental Alienation Law

Parental Alienation Family Law Lawyer

Parental Alienation Law:

Parental alienation is a behavior by a child's mother or father that creates hostility or separation in the relationship between the child and the other parent. Alienation by a parent can be devastating to the target parent and have harmful psychological damage to a child, even in adulthood. Examples of parental alienation include:

  • Not giving the child a choice of whether or not to visit the other parent
  • Sharing the reason of the breakup of the marriage with the child
  • Not allowing the child to take their personal belongings to the other parent's house so they don't get stolen
  • False accusations of physical and sexual abuse by the other parent

Legal Consequences of Parental Alienation:

Parental alienation can be a devastating experience for both the child and the targeted parent. During a bitter divorce, one parent can willfully alienate the child from the other parent. The consequence of parental alienation is that children are caught in the middle and keep the alienation in mind for many years to come. Fathers are most likely at risk of parental alienation and could potentially lose the love and respect of their child forever. Fathers may be subject to false accusations and have no opportunity to defend the accusations.

What a Family Lawyer can do for you:

If parental alienation has become a negative part of your divorce case, seeking the assistance of a parental alienation lawyer is advised. Parental alienation cases are extremely complex and judges often underestimate the deeper issues of the problem. A parental alienation lawyer can make sure your rights and legal options are presented and that your interests are protected.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If parental alienation has affected your relationship with your children, hire a hire a Family Law Lawyer for your parental alienation issue today. Contact Attorney Search Network to find a parental alienation lawyer near you that can defend you during your divorce or child custody case.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out out online form for your family law lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.