Military Pay Division Law

Military Pay Division Family Law Lawyer

Military Pay Division Law:

During a military divorce, the Uniform Services Former Spouse's Protection Act (USFSPA) recognizes that military pay to a spouse or ex-spouse is required. Federal law states that the divorce process needs to be put on hold while the military member is on active service. A family lawyer can help get the process going once active service ends.

Military Pay Division Legal Issues:

When one spouse is in the military, divorce may be complicated as compared to a divorce for an average couple. Some of the complex issues that come up during military divorce and military pay division include:

  • Military retirement issues
  • Division of military pensions
  • Determining the division of military pay
  • Benefit plans
  • Military disability pay
  • How the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act (USFSPA) issues apply

What a Family Law Lawyer can do for you:

A family lawyer can help with jurisdiction, or which state the divorce can be filed, child support, child visitation and division of marital property during a military divorce and military pay division. A family lawyer can advise a divorced couple about child support payments since they can be complicated under military pay statements. A family lawyer can also guide you through the process of dividing marital property.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you are on active duty in the military and you are going through a divorce, a family lawyer can help. Contact Attorney Search Network to be referred to a family lawyer that can assist you with military pay division and inform you of your rights.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out out online form for your family law lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.