Arbitration Law

Arbitration Law

Arbitration Employment Law

During the resolution of employment issues, employment arbitration is used when an alternative dispute resolution is needed. Arbitration is less formal than disputing in a court system. During an arbitration meeting, each party presents their arguments through documents, witnesses and other evidence. Each party then agrees to accept the arbitrator's final decision and recognize that there is no appeal of the decision. Employment arbitration is typically used for sexual harassment, whistleblower, contract disputes and discrimination.

Arbitration Legal Issues:

Arbitration may be problematic for some employees. Some employees do not understand the consequences of arbitration and the rights they are giving up. Employees are required to pay for the costs of the arbitrator and the losing party pays for the winning party's attorney's fees. Employees are also giving up the amount of discovery or remedy that is available in the arbitration. Employers often present arbitration agreements and employees sign the agreement without reading it closely.

What a Lawyer can do for you:

Arbitration lawyers understand the type of litigation arbitration provides. Arbitration lawyers can help clients resolve matters through arbitration, so that they can:

  • Maintain their relationship with the other party even after the dispute is resolved
  • Resolving disputes with less risk and lower opportunities for injuring feelings
  • Keeping arbitration outcomes confidential

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you are an employee in need of employment arbitration, contact Attorney Search Network to find an arbitration lawyer in your area. An arbitration lawyer can help make sure the arbitration proceeding is effective and successful.

If you have any questions about the employment law information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Employment Law lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.