Civil Appeals

Civil Appeals Law

Civil Appeals Law:

The final judgment of a civil trial is often not the last decision of the case. Many judgments could be modified, reversed, or overturned by appellate courts. However, a civil appeal is not a second chance; rather it affirms the trial court. The role of civil appeals lawyers is to challenge the first decision that took place in a business, commercial, real property, family, malpractice, insurance, product liability, discrimination or wrongful death case.

Civil Appeals Legal Issues:

If the trial court has ruled against you, you can appeal. Before you ask for a civil appeal, it is important to make sure that the trial court was in error the first time around. Winning on civil appeal is not easy and studies show that fewer than half of civil appeals are successful. However, if you have a good case and you can prove that the trial court made mistakes in its ruling, it may be a good idea to appeal. Since the rules and requirements are strict, it is best to consult with an experienced civil appeals attorney.

What a Lawyer can do for you:

If you are considering going through a civil appeals case, a civil appeals lawyer can assist you in determining if your case can be appealed and if the civil appeal will be in your favor. An appeals lawyer can help you develop a new approach and help with written and oral communication to overturn the case. A civil appeals lawyer can petition for further review, evaluate your case, manage your case, present necessary evidence and support your case for success.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If a court has previously ruled against you in a civil matter, it may be a good idea to give your case another chance. Contact Attorney Search network today and we can help you find a civil appeals lawyer who has experience in civil cases.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your consumer law lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.