Athlete Visa Immigration Law

Athlete Visa Legal Issues

Athlete Visa Law

The athlete visa (P visa) is a nonimmigrant visa that is designated for those individuals who are athletes or group entertainers. Athlete visas permit foreign athletes and/or performers to enter the U.S. to perform at a competition, event or performance. The P visa is typically applied for when an individual was unable to meet the criteria for the extraordinary ability visa (O visa).

Athlete Visa Legal Issues:

Without an athlete visa, your travel is restricted and you will not be able to move freely across the U.S. Also, it can be impossible to take on any form of part-time study and you will not be allowed to apply for adjustment of status or seek citizenship of the U.S. To be able to get full benefits of the P visa, it is advised to consult with an immigration attorney.

What an Immigration Lawyer can do for you:

An immigration lawyer can help you determine if you meet the appropriate criteria for getting a P visa. Immigration lawyers know all the rules and restrictions and can help you work your way around them so the application process goes smoothly. An immigration lawyer can also help you apply for a P visa in the event that you've applied for an extraordinary ability visa and were denied.

Lawyer Referral Service:

If you are an athlete, or a performing group member, consult with an immigration lawyer today about getting a P visa. Attorney Search Network can help you find an immigration lawyer who is experienced in handling P visa cases.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out our online form for your Immigration lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.